Feb 3, 2012

International University of Japan

 This is the view out the window at the end of the hall in front of my office. You can see it but there is a row of mountains behind the line of trees. It frequently snows so hard that the visibility is reduced to almost nothing.
From the window at the other end of the hall, you can see the main campus and at this time some of the mountains were visible. The black line in the middle is the path that I must take to get from my classroom to my office.
At the ground level the path looks like this. The top of the snow on the side is level with my shoulders.
 In the first floor waiting room for the bus to town, I found this scale model of the campus. My apartment is in the bottom left corner, the main campus is in the middle and my office is the last building on the leftmost road.

The trees are truly beautiful. Instead of leaves, they are dressed in blobs of snow.





No comments: