Feb 23, 2012

Night on campus and another snow storm

 The Research Institute, where my office is, is on the left and the Library is on the right.
 This is one of the paths that I take to get back to my apartment.
 This is another of the paths but nearer my destination, my rooms.
 Many of the students here have never seen snow before, so things like snow angels, in this case without the wings, are common. Some of the students told me that, when the snow was the deepest, they started jumping out of the third floor window into the snowbank below. They said they had a lot of fun for two nights but on the third night the school found out and the guards made them stop.
 The snow and fog in the hills were picturesque.
 I used this picture as the basis of a pencil drawing. After I return to Sendai, I will try to remember to post a picture of my drawing.
 This is the tiles on a second floor roof as seen from a third floor window. It was snow hard and the maintenance staff had turned on the sprinklers, so the roof was covered with little waves.
The snow in the trees. No other comment necessary.

No comments: