Feb 2, 2012

International University of Japan

 This is the view out my apartment window. The building in the background is housing for married faculty and the campus proper is beyond that.
 This is looking out a third floor window at the main entrance to the university. The dark area in the foreground is a roof. It is hard to see, but water is spraying out from the pipe on the wall and there is water spraying from just in front of where I was standing. The water keeps the snow from piling up on the roof. According to the TV news a number of houses have collapsed because of the weight of the snow on the roofs.
 This the view out of another window. The roof on the left covers a walkway that leads to the cafeteria and the student dorms.
 This is my office. It has a computer with an internet connection and I was given all the office supplies that I will need. It has central heating so it is a good place to stay on cold days. So far I have been arriving at about 7 a.m. and staying here until about 5 p.m., leaving, of course, for classes and such.
This is the view out some first floor windows. You can see how high the snow is. In most places it is over my head.

No comments: