Feb 18, 2012

Back to my February 11th walk

 These two garages looked more like igloos. They were a bit strange because there were no houses near them. I finally decided that they must be for farm equipment since they were in the middle of what seemed to be farmland.
 The purpose of this house was also unclear. It appeared to have a single parking space on the ground floor and one or two small rooms on the second floor. It did not look like a place where people would be living. Also the large number of ladders on the wall was perplexing. Again I finally decided that it was connected to the farm land on this side of the road.
 When I finally reached some houses, I found another ladder. Someone had been shoveling snow off the roof. The TV news has reported that because there has been three times the average amount of snow many buildings have collapsed.
 This is a pyramid of boards that are protecting a large plant from the snow.
 I came to the end of the road, where it joined another in a T-intersection. The mountains in the distance were very pretty.
 Although there had been no sign of it during my walk, there is a drainage ditch that runs along the side of the road. This little section is the only place where it is not buried under the snow.
 I turned and started back toward the university and noticed that a snow storm was coming. It had already covered the mountains which I would have been able to see as I walked back.
Although it was not snowing on me, the sun was gradually fading as the storm approached.

No comments: