Apr 13, 2011

Earthquake Diary 68

 We were shopping in the basement of Selva, and I noticed this sign near the entranced. Wondering what AED meant, I wandered over and took a look.I discovered to my surprise that it meant Automated External Defibrillator. I had heard on the news (and then more or less forgotten) that these were being distributed to sites around the city but this the first that I have seen.
The Osaka Gas Company was back again.
The bank of one of the streams entering our river collapsed and they were using large cloth bags filled with dirt to build a temporary road to the site so that it can be repaired.
This is the subway between Izumi Chuo and Yaotome. There is a large crack in the horizontal section of the support structure (the lintel of the post and lintel construction). In the background is Yurteck Stadium where the Vegalta soccer team plays.
This large crack runs along side a walking path in Nanakita Koen (Nanakita Park). It is more than 30 centimeters deep in places.


Across the river from the park, I could see a blue tarp covering a collapsed part of the riverbank. Also there was a new dirt road (running horizontally just below the center of the picture). I assume that it will provide access for the equipment that will be necessary to repair the collapsed section.

No comments: