Apr 5, 2011

Earthquake Diary 53

 This is a very interesting vending machine. It was empty because of the quake but usually it sells homemade crepes.A couple of years ago a woman started making crepes and selling them in this machine, According to a TV program I saw, she fills it twice a day once at lunch and once in the late afternoon. The machine is on the sidewalk beside the convenience store where I bought my lunch. After taking the picture I crossed the street and headed into the park, Shinrin Koen.

 This is the convenience store where I bought my lunch. The crepe machine is just out of the picture to the left. Actually 7/11s have changed there name here, They are now 7 & iHoldings, part of a company that also owns the Ito Yokado department stores and supermarkets.


A group of high school student were exercising near the bench I was sitting on, The were stepping over hurdle like objects while holding balls over their heads. All very strange.

 This was my lunch, a sandwich, half egg and half tuna, a small bag of peanuts and a can of black coffee.
 I am very glad that I was not on the top floor of this apartment building, actually it is a condo, a mansion.
 On most days the mountains are not visible from here, but because of all the factories that are closed, the air is very clear.

No comments: