Apr 13, 2011

Earthquake Diary 69

 I left the west end of Nanakita Koen and went up on to a bridge. I could see a line of trucks waiting at the entrance of a place that makes crushed stone. Much of the damage to the landscape requires large amounts of fill as well as temporary roads, both of which use large amounts of sand and gravel.
 From the other side of the bridge I discovered that the line of trucks was much longer than I thought. Even the road the trucks were using was new. This one line with steel plates, because of the weight of the trucks.
 Walking north from the park, I found this good example of Japanese landscaping. People here like to have their trees shaped and pay gardeners to do it usually twice a year or more often.
 I was surprised that this place was still standing after all the tremors, but the inside was pretty messed up.
 This is a prep school class studying for the college entrance exams. It is a temporary classroom. I think that the prep school used to have classes in the Izumi Chuo station building, but that is now closed because of the extensive damage.
This is now a common sight - someone on a bicycle carrying a large well stuffed pack.

NOTE: Just in case you have not noticed, all the pictures in this blog can be enlarge by double clicking on them.

No comments: