Apr 6, 2011

Earthquake Diary 55

 The GAS is back. I just took a long hot shower, my first since before the quake. I also shampooed my hair. I did it in the sink before but that is not the same as standing under the streaming shower.

Another thing that I am looking forward to is the evening dishes. We can not afford a dishwasher, so I have become the designated dish  washer. Since the quake I have been using the extremely cold tap water and, because I am beginning to have bad blood circulation, my fingers have been turning white and losing all felling. Not tonight, tho, tonight I will have running hot water.

Now, I will continue with the pictures I took while walking to and from Dianohara station.


 In the last set of pictures I posted, I showed a sidewalk where someone had cleaned up broken roof tiles. In this picture you can see the whole building. It is hard to see but much of the roof fell off during the shaking.
 This building looked okay at first glance, but then I noticed the bottom right corner of the second floor window, right over the door.
 I crossed a bridge over a little river. Looking over the side I saw something moving. It was a large (40+ centimeters) carp, the first I have seen since last fall.
 This is a neighborhood police station that was being repaired. I could not see what damage it had received because of the green screening.


This work being done on a second floor restaurant. Many times I have thought of stopping and trying it, but I never seem to go by at meal time.

 I was still hungry so I stopped in a convenience store and discovered that they were selling nikuman, Chinese dumplings filled with pork and vegetables. It was delicious!

No comments: