Apr 19, 2011

Earthquake Diary 82



 This is the ceiling in the hallway outside the teacher's room. A section has broken and dropped to the floor.
 I helped pick up, not too much but actually spent most of the time chatting, Then, I started home. Because so may factories are not operating, the air is extremely clear, giving a beautiful view of the nearby mountains.
 I walked home along the kanjosen, a road that goes around the city on the west side. This house had joined the long list of damaged tiled roofs.
 This cherry tree was almost in bloom. Spring is definitely on the way. However, today, April 19th, the day that I am typing this, is cold and rainy with the threat of snow after dark tonight. I guess that Spring has not sprung.
This white building with the pink sign on the roof is a funeral home, Buddhist, of course. The last time I walked along here this building was a restaurant, specializing in meals for women,


Big House is a supermarket chain. Although we did not go there we were told that this branch was the first store in this area to open after the earthquake.

No comments: