Mar 9, 2011

Going for Cheesecake 05

The riverside is quite pleasant with fairly large areas of trees and other greenery. It is probably even nicer in the summer when the trees are covered with leaves.




Please excuse the unusual formatting, the blogging program is giving me a hard time today. This picture shows the corner of a house that is set in the middle of a little wooded area. It would be a nice place to live - a little privacy, the river, 10 minutes to the subway, and about the same to a shopping area.


Off to the south, my left as I walked, there are rice paddies that will soon feel the first of the plows preparing for the spring planting.
This was very strange looking. At first I thought it was some kind of stone sculpture, but when I walked up to it, I found it to be something quite different. It was rolls of straw, neatly tied and piled. It must be the tall grass that they cut during the fall clean up. In Sendai most public areas a mowed and cleaned three times a year - spring, summer and fall. These rolls were rapidly returning to nature and when the plants start growing again will probably be covered with new growth of something, hopefully flowers. It would be nice to get some seeds and insure that they would be flowers. I might actually do it, if this were near my apartment, but it is almost an hour away so I will restrain myself.

No comments: