Mar 3, 2011

Walking in the snow 03


 This is the front of Green Mart, the upscale supermarket that we frequently shop at. When we had a car, we went there more often. Now, I occasionally walk there to buy bread (the best rye bread around) or coffee beans and we usually stop there on the way home from the doctor's, which was the case on this day.
Japanese sweets that are served with green tea are made and sold in this building. I have never bought any here but I have heard that they are very good. This sort of sweet is usually very colorful and pretty in addition to tasting good.
 I finally reached the river by my apartment. It was snowing but a very wet snow. You can see that they have finished cutting all the trees and vegetation along the opposite side of the river. I am not sure but I think that they are going to rebuild the riverside surface of the levee.

No comments: