Mar 1, 2011

Walking in the snow

 This is the gate into one of the local high schools, Izumi High School. This is vacation time in Japan so there was no one around. The teachers would all be there but they would be indoors.
 Most of the time I take a short cut through a park when I go to my doctor's. The path is paved but does not seem to be used very much, except for people walking their dogs. As you can see, there was only one set of footprints and they were mine. I turned around and took this picture behind me.
 The park has a couple of small ponds, essentially places to keep the running off surface water so that the drainage system does not get flooded.
This is looking down on the second pond. There is a wooden walkway around part of it. Also in the distance you can just see a sculptured waterway where some of the run off enters the pond. Green Mart, the up-scale supermarket, where we get our coffee and much of our bread is just off to the left.

No comments: