Mar 19, 2011

Earthquake Diary 08

Friday, March 18
Woke up after seven and a half hours sleep and found it still dark and very cold, so after a quick trip to the bathroom, I crawled back into my warm bed. Then slept for another hour and a half.

Since we do not need any supplies, we decided to all stay home and relax. I had breakfast and watched CNN for a while. Then I went into my study to work on his diary and found that my internet connection had been reestablished. I spent the rest of the day reading emails and Facebook entries and then responding briefly to many of them.  Every once in a while I would take a break for coffee and some more CNN.

In the afternoon my daughter and granddaughter went out for a walk and discovered that the Daruma Drugstore was open again. My wife on hearing this decided to go and check what was in stock. An hour or so later, they returned with over-the-counter medicines, laundry soap, and some new toys for Tomone.

By supper time, I was mentally very tired, so I just camped out in front of the TV, watching CSI and NCIS. I went to bed at my normal 9 p.m. but I was so tired I went right to sleep, rather than read for a while as I usually do.

There were constant small quakes all day. My friend Tim posted this to his Facebook page;
The app shows 45 quakes for today so far ranging from a low magnitude of 1.9 (11:15 Shizuoka area) to a high of 5.4. (5:01 pm inland Ibaraki Prefecture).
We were able to feel almost all of them.

All in all it was a very quiet day. Tomorrow we expect to receive additional food and other stuff from some people who went to Yamagata today, but that will be in tomorrow's post.

No comments: