Mar 27, 2011

Earthquake Diary 34

Yesterday was a very quiet day. I did not feel particularly well and found that my blood pressure was high, not surprising considering all the stress recently. I spend a lot of the day with my netbook computer, learning how to work with Linux. I also spent some time with my Kindle, reading a book that I had downloaded from Project Gutenberg.

Today is Sunday and I tried doing the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle. Just as last week, I was much less successful than usual. I finally gave up with about a third undone. My brain is not functioning well, again too much stress.

About 10 a.m. the four of us, my wife, daughter, granddaughter, and I,. decided to go to the York Town Shopping Center. We stopped at Sato Shokai, a food store that caters to restaurants and has large, cheap packages of everything. we bought just a few things and then walked over to the supermarket that is part of the center. It was open and they were letting people inside, but there was a long line so we decided not to wait. Next we went to a ramen shop and had noodles. As with the other ramen shop that we went to the menu was limited, only five items, but it was good. On the way back we stopped in a park and let Tomone play on the slides.

The rest of today will also be a day of rest - more reading, TV, and maybe a bit of studying how to use Ubuntu Linex.

No comments: