Mar 11, 2011

Going for Cheesecake 07

Still moving south I exited the small built up area and found myself in a huge flat area filled with rice paddies. This area is what made the daimyo, the old rulers of the area, so powerful. They were able to control the rice production in these paddies.
Turning and looking east, I could see the buildings around the subway station. There is also a train station in the same general area.




Walking east, I soon saw a building that was bright yellow. I assumed that this was the store where the cheesecake was sold. I also noticed that in the parking lot behind it there was a huge tree trunk lying on the ground.
So before looking at the building to see if I was in the right place, I walked around back and took a picture of the tree trunk. Depending on the type of tree, that could be worth a lot of money at a sawmill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just by chance I found your blog today. What a coincidence you live in Sendai. I hope you and your family are ok.